Stars erupt in third period to beat Ducks
**Dallas had the mojo going for sure. Cant say I've seen a 5 goal period in while. So fun to watch :D Ducks looked tired, even in the first 2 periods.**Stars looking more and more like the outside playoff contender a lot of people predicted... I think there's a good chance Minny and Phoenix plateau and let them back into the race. Goal difference is often a good indication of how a team is really playing, Colorado are IMO playing great whereas Minny and Phoenix have been getting a little lucky.
**Only when we are on National TV when we decide not to play. PPG line did not show up for most of the game and our AHL defense was just out powered by Dallas' speed. Wake up and get back into the game with a full 60 minute push not just 30! Good win by Dallas, never give up and keep pushing hard.
**You can only hope for containment with the Stars, but on this night it didn't happen. Is there a more explosive team in hockey?
**he rolls 4 lines all night... so not quite. plus they are beasts and can handle more ice time if given, but bruce doesn't need to do that anyways. ducks will be fine if they pay attention and play for the full 60 mins. they have a tendency to take the occassional period off and it usually costs them the win. need to start learning from these big costly mistakes...
**I"m not saying the Ducks should trade Hiller immediately like most uneducated fans on FB or Twitter are saying. But Outside of the Islanders, and Flames…. Are there really any other deals? Why would Nashville want Hiller when they have Rinne? I heard Forsberg isn't happy in Nashville as well. I personally think the ducks will either trade Hiller at the deadline, or just ride him till their season ends.
**Are you saying that you have not watched any English movies or series? I watched Misfits from TV and their English was so hard to understand.. You know, that slang which the youth sometimes use in England? My point is that, although it's english, I couldn't understand what they were saying.
**Dude i only watch the following channels on my Direct TV satelite dish. ABC , CBS, NBC, FOX, HBO, PBS, Showcase, Country Music Channe. Don Cherry on CBC Hockey Night In Canada.
**I can say without a doubt that I have not watched an English TV show or movie. Kind of weird I guess...
**Perhaps I haven't watched one that was tough enough for me yet, but I've never needed them. For the most part if you don't understand something you can use context clues to figure it out. And a lot of the slang is like cursing anyways haha
**If it's something like Top Gear, then no, but for something like Scottish television, absolutely.
**did you notice your team played without Beauchemin, Allen, Spisa and of course, still without Souray ? That's without four regular defensemen! Quite tough with that many injuries..
**the crazy schedule seems to have caused many injuries throughout the league. Kings are out of Quick, Trevor Lewis, Matt Frattin, and we just had Kyle Clifford and Jeff Carter return after couple of weeks off for injuries. Zach Parise just got injured, the Wings are out of Bertuzzi and DeKeyser and Datsyuk (although that was from an elbow to the chin) that's only from what I remember... at least the Kings are deep enough in forwards that we kept on winning with the Manchester kids coming up Tanner Pearson - Linden Vey - Tyler Toffoli and Scrivens kicking it up a notch.
**Not that the Blues didn't deserve the win, but the Stars were in no way outplayed. In my opinion a couple of unlucky bounces and a below-mediocre effort by Kari made the game a blowout instead of the tight game I thought it should have been.
**Totally agree, playing 14 straight will get anyone exhausted! Nice to get a win out of Ellis before Blackhawks on friday. Lord knows we need Kari on top of his game against that sinister team!
**Nice win, stars! Every time I see Vernon fiddler I think angry bieksa face & AV cracking up! What a great showing by the 4th line! What's going on w/the top line? Wasn't able to watch, but 1st line has been a little quiet it seems as of late.
**It's hardly Hiller's fault when the defense is not showing up for the Ducks in the last few games. Plain and simple the Ducks got out hustled by the Stars and Hiller wasn't able to stand on his head for them tonight.
**I like Fowler but he has been inconsistent this season. There were games he played real well and then there are games like last night. I understand a lot of pressure is on him with all our veteran defensemen injured but I expect more out of him after 3 full NHL seasons under his belt.
**It's good that (most of) you guys aren't completely trashing Hiller. It honestly, wasn't his fault. Also, he played really well in the games leading up to this one, so lets not dub this well proven ducks goalie "horrible" just yet. He's the best you got right now.
**The Ducks have been playing horrible in the 3rd period these last few games. We always have players getting injured, we're missing a lot of our roster which is not helping us.. We also need to trade Hiller asap and get Anderson back in the net. We can get a decent recruit for Hiller and that's exactly what we need. Very sloppy game Ducks, step it up.
**Ah..too bad these teams couldn't both lose. Don't really like either. Dallas has some nice new jerseys, but the team wearing em is no more than a bunch of thugs. Too bad Anaheim couldn't host it's own outdoor game, it would just end up a massive puddle. Wait, why do you have an NHL team again? Well that was a nice little troll stroll.
**Well, he did include "troll stroll" at the end, so it probably doesn't matter either way. Also, I think Anaheim has a hockey team because it generates moolah [/captain-obvious]. Other interesting factoid: the team's name is related to the large population of fearless Polar Ducks that roam the Anaheim countryside. As for Dallas being thugs, umm, I, I don't, uhh, what?!?! Since when? Unless Brett Hull came back from retirement, I don't think they deserve that reputation.
**Theyre 17-7-3... yah something must be wrong... theyve played the most games in the NHL and the majorty of games played have been on the road. last night (like every other night) they were missing 4 top defensemen. Sbisa, Beauch, Allen, and Souray. throw in Silvferberg and Koivu while youre at it.... A breakdown like this was bound to happen sooner or later. Honestly cant believe it took this long. Wait for them to have their full blue line and top fowards and for the schedule to turn in their favor and this is going to be one DANGEROUS team.
**I saw a bit of both. Now that you mention it, God, too, may have had something to do with it. I love watching the Stars when their offence is explosive, mostly because (by comparison) when they don't play well they bore me half to death. Same goes for the Blues and Canucks - they're either amazing to watch or sub-par at best - not very often in between.
**Actually, if you read my little speech there (won't blame you if you didn't), I called him out because he basically put down the Stars and Ducks while only saying "LET'S GO FLYERS". That much should be clear from my comment. If he'd at least mentioned his team without the "who cares" part then it wouldn't have been trollarific. Besides, I wasn't aware that the mere mention of another team's name means I'm trolling (despite the fact that my previous comment here was obviously not limited in focus to the Blue and Canucks). The comparison was made between the Stars and the other two teams. If that's not clear then maybe I'll start taking whatever p!lls you're talking about (and possibly taking) until we're on the same wavelength. :)
**Dallas colorman Daryl Reaugh. Also the 2nd most interesting man in my opinion
RSS Feed
Twitter
Posted in
0 comments:
Post a Comment