Saturday, November 30, 2013

Canadiens beat Sabres for fourth straight win

**I love when Habs fans get excited about their team. Whats different about them this year from the last 5 years? Montreal is junk, no elite forwards, an overrated defence and a shaky goalie. Lets see how Desharnais and the boys finish at the end of the year

**LOL, i'd like to hear what your team is, since you're too much of a coward to have a team logo/ admit who you cheer for....also who's your team's goalie/top defencemen that you're dreaming are better than price/subban...?

**I wore a classic Montreal jersey that I've owned for 10 years for the first time. With my Sabres' hat, cheering for my Sabres. It was all in good fun, the Habs' fans were super nice and classy. My first front row glass experience. Couldn't believe how many Habs' fans were there. A team I don't mind seeing do well, though I hope my Sabres end low with dignity, not the worst record ever seen. First overall pick baby! (gotta get something out of this down year) plus Markov is on my fantasy team! 3 assists... nice.

**im a habs fan, but im really hoping the sabres can turn it around, i really hope they can do it with Ted Nolan as the coach as well

**The whole team is gelling right now and Gallagher seems to be the catalyst, the D has been solid and Price has been lights out... The classy comments from fans across the league are much appreciated. Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving to our neighbors to the south.

**that last 2 weeks made him a laughing stock to everyone, even guys we had no quarrel with. Everyone just seemed to hop aboard the bandwagon and proceed to run him over. Quite honestly it was sickening to see that happen. However, we still were missing the key component in the Habs D-corp for all of October and yet Price still played spectacularly.

**The Sabres actually have quite a few guys who just aren't playing to their potential. But I do agree that there isn't one that could carry the team. That's why they need a full team effort to have a chance at winning, which they just aren't doing.

**I always thought that Subban would'nt be so easily knocked off the puck. After seeing him drop down to the ice just before the Sabres goal, I do have some concern about his balance on ice. Players like Scott Stevens, Rob Blake or Niklas Lidstrom posessed way more stability.

**No, no, no... watch that play closely... Subban was turning, head up and looking in, and he was CROSS-CHECKED clearly on his numbers on the back of the jersey and driven down. I was stunned that the refs didn't call the cross-check, then I remembered that the game was being played in Buffalo. I'm surprised Therrien didn't make a comment about that in his post-game interview so Toronto could look at it and ding the ref team for not calling it.

**You clearly don't watch a lot of Habs games... Subban can fend off most attackers with one arm, people lost balance and I doubt he was even expecting to get hit (which was wrong). He also didn't have a very good all around game.

**I was at the game just behind the Sabres bench. When Miller got pulled for the extra man I yelled to him that the ship had sunk. I think he lowered his head:) And the Maple Laffs blow a 3 goal lead and lose in OT to Pittsburgh. Everything is back to normal in the NHL universe again:) Ahhhh.

**I'm hoping you weren't wearing a Habs jersey. That's pretty juvenile. Pathetic too. Miller is a class professional. I've been to Sabres homes games to see the Habs. Arena security and the fans (mostly Sabre fans) in the area of the Habs bench would always allow us to come down from the upper sections where our seats were, to see and greet our Habs players, in the pregame warm-up. I've always been thankful, and impressed, for that.

**Like I posted on TSN, this Leafs team is just terrible. Thumbs me down all you want but it's true. After getting blown out 6-0 on Monday they come into Pittsburgh and take a commanding 4-1 lead, and then blow it. Outshot 48-24 total that is ridiculous, poor Bernier is getting hung out to dry and that's not even the worst part. The worst part IMO was getting ZERO shots on net in the entire 3rd period when they have a 2 goal lead...that's brutal. This team being the leafs have the same record as the habs, but your concern for the leafs is much appreciated. quit trolling please as it turns out you guys are ruing these chat boards for hockey fans. Leaf fans are aware of their team. thx.

**don't mean to impose on your board but I was trying to get the attention of one of your key trolls and trying to remind him his bull is not necessary and guys like him ruin these chat boards. the guy posted on the leaf board and has posted similar garbage in the past.

**How was that trolling? I was saying the truth, sorry you can't take it. And last time I looked that comment had like 10 thumbs up with several Leaf fans agreeing with me. Go cry somewhere else.

**I wouldn't mind that either, but the reason I think it should be Markov is because he's been around longer, and if he gets signed to an extension, will likely be in Montreal till he retires. Seems fitting to give him the captaincy for his last few years with MTL.

**Plekanec still has two years after this (absolutely no need to extend at this moment in time) and Markov is 35 years old with a a horrific history of knee injuries and you want to give him a 4 year deal that would probably be a cap hit of 4-5 mill? Markov should get a 2 year deal and we can wait a year or two to see what the story is with Plekanec.



0 comments:

Post a Comment