Devils rally late in third, beat Ducks in OT
**Who names these top 3 stars Elias had a three assists two nights ago and he wasn't a star, Brodeur made crucial saves, was not a star, Schneider carried Devils last night, stole a win, and yet, he's no star**1-Lets cement Jaromir and Marty for another 5years with a cushy contract! 2-Lamorielo should sell deadwood to competiton (swiss and rusky's players) 3-Bring yungsters so they can learn from veterans and start to build dynasty again. 4-meanwhile lets enjoy two living legends playing great hockey....priceless! bdw....Sellane frgot his glasses in the locker not to hit the empty net....oh well.
**I was so bored with this article. it was all about Anaheim. We beat the first place team in the league, we beat them on home ice, we killed there winning record at home, and Brodeur played a phenomenal game. The teams played equally well, Devils went MIA in the 2nd, Ducks went MIA in the third. And the 5 on 3 which was bogus, blanked out the 4 minute which was bogus (reasoning is it is easier to score with 5 on 3) and we set ourselves up nicely for our 3 game CA road trip. People want to always sell the Devils short, I am happy as a team we can keep disappointing them. Just my two cents.
**I just wanted to add one thing. Anaheim did look like they were trying to protect the lead and I really hate that kind of stuff. When you do that you kind of deserve to lose. OR I really hope that you do anyway.
**That call in the first was questionable but we should have been able to kill that penalty. Then we shot our own foot at the end. Brodeur is incredible to watch, really helped the Devils stay in there and their perseverance gave them the W. Ducks need to readjust, call up Anderson and work on the PK's and PP's more. good game Devils, good luck against LA
**No the call in the first was a mistake by the refs that worked for the devils. Clear as day. Then what we all knew would happen started in the second... the refs made a couple bad calls to make up for their mistake as they always do. Luckily devils fought back and won.
**Ducks are one of my favorite teams in the West, they are very good solid team, just nice to see the Devils compete with the better teams in the league. Now if Lou can make another trade or two for another bonafide scorer and D man......
**They didn't send him down because he lost. They sent him down because Fasth recovered from his injury. So what do you suggest? Send down your veteran goaltenders? Andersen will be back soon enough, but not yet.
**I think they need to make a decision on a number one tender, and let him play the majority of the games, and "get in the groove". This swapping every game doesn't work, obviously.
**Anyone else think that was one of the most disorganized games played so far? Really happy with the outcome! When that puck went in the net in overtime, I was like, YEAH!!! And of course, Brodeur was great again, besides that first goal. Now we must move onward to de-throne the Kings!
**That game was vintage Brodeur! His glove saves on the Corey Perry penalty box exit breakaway and the one on Mathieu Perreault on the door step in overtime were absolute gems. No wonder they call him The Legend.
**I think some of the injuries are a blessing in disguise. Where's Clowe going to fit in? Salvador? Defense is fine without Volchenkov and Salvador. I think the lineup yesterday is the best it can be with the roster we have now. I hope Lou trades some Dmen (since there's a cluster**** of them) for one more top 6 forward who can score. Brunner has been a disappointment.
**Agree with you on all points, but its nice to know you have a healthy full squad. I would like to see Merrill get some action as it seems he may be a surprise like Eric G.....I think Lou will have to make a move once the injured start coming back and Brunner started off well, but has been invisible. Back in the summer, I kept saying we should have picked up Grabovski over Brunner, but that history now......
**I agree about getting Grabo, a good sized body in the middle, something we have been lacking for a while.
**Oh man what a game. The officiating was absolutely terrible, for both teams. That 4:00 penalty that led to our first 2 goals was a real shame, I would've been livid if my team were on the receiving end. Those goals ended up dictating the rest of the period. And then in the beginning of the 2nd, all of a sudden the refs are "calling it tight" (aka makeup calls with the 5-on-3). The power play goals would dictate the rest of the THAT period. That's refs generally dictating the way a period or two go for either teams is a real shame. Regardless, the Ducks are an awesome team, I like the way they play, I like the players, I like what they're all about, RESPECT. It's a shame it ended the way it did after such an awesome game (a flukey own-goal), but understand that the Devils have been playing at a high level for months but losing so many games with similar bad bounces, so we were due a happy ending once and for all!
**What's most exciting is to step back and look at the type of games we're winning. We beat the Bruins, the Penguins, the Ducks, our rival Rangers in MSG (and at home). We're not the most consistent team every night, but I like our compete level and the "clutch" in that locker room is unbelievable, I'm sure the type of veterans we have has something to do with that.
**The refereeing was bad, it has been bad and it will be bad, this is nothing new. We've gotten fúcked over by the refs and our opposition has gotten fúcked over by the refs, it still doesn't change the fact that you still have a change to kill that penalty and that ídiotic penalty becomes irrelevant. A bad penalty doesn't mean that the other team was given a goal, they simply took advantage of that penalty and the other allowed it to.
**To be fair, that's not what we were saying when the Kings were given 5:00 penalty on Bernier's misconduct penalty last year. A referee's calls shouldn't dictate a period or two of play, or an entire game.
**Once they got those 3 goals, my head sunk and I knew it was pretty much over considering Kovy had no pep in his step and he was they only one capable of intimidating a hot playoff Quick.
**Wow. What a game. Honestly didn't expect the Devils to win. However, them winning against the Ducks and gave them their first home loss of the season has to boost their morale so high. And great timing for tonight, to another team we gave their first home loss during the post season two years ago ;D GO DEVILS!!! Great job boys, keep it up!
**In the NHL you don't give wins away, you earn them.....If the Ducks wanted to win, they should have out the Devils away.....Devils are not as bad as their record, lots of new faces, new systems to learn and it certainly looks like they are starting to get chemistry. They do have the personnel to put pucks in the net.
**It's interesting how Ducks fans are saying nothing is going their way 'cause that's what Devils fans have been feeling on a regular basis...since last season. Must hurt to have an own goal end the game but after all those games where Devils seemed to dominate and lose, I feel like we were due for a fluky win like this. And like I always say to our own fans, good teams find a way to win regardless of the officiating or luck. Not saying you guys aren't a good team, but you weren't good enough to beat us last night. I wouldn't be too worried if I was a Ducks fan though, you guys have a great team. Good luck the rest of the season and we'll do our best tonight to keep you guys at the top of your division.
**I'm sorry am I the only one who noticed the fact the Devils only got their first 2 on a bad penalty call. Double minor on Selanne for high sticking. First of all bad call as it was a Devil's stick that hit Greene, and they doubled it up for Greene cause he was bleeding. It shouldn't have been so close at the end if the Refs had reviewed the play properly.
**there needs to be tho. some calls are just simply outrageous and there needs to be a way to correct those mistakes before the effect the game being played. an ideal referee is someone u never even noticed was on the ice. they are only there to enforce rules and player safety - not change the course or outcome of the game.
**So why not have no refs on the ice and have everyone in the commentator box blowing the whistles. Just like in baseball safe/out kind of thing. You can't please every team player or fan. If we had video review you will notice all of the dives that take place and never ever get called cause it happened so fast.
**Rangers, Bruins, Penguins, Capitals, Red Wings, Blackhawks, Flyers. Them, and no one else. The "NBC Seven", since they won't show a game without at least one of those teams involved. Smh.
RSS Feed
Twitter
Posted in
0 comments:
Post a Comment