Saturday, November 30, 2013

Jets hold off slumping Islanders

**Does anyone on the Isles except Tavares actually create some offense? I get the impression that the team thinks, "well, Tavares will score anyway, so why should I add some offense?".

**Tough game. Ill take the win. Outside of the Jets, the Islanders are the team I cheer for most. Hope they turn it around. Love Okposo. So gritty! Every team would love to have the guy! Turn it around guys and lets hope you get the rematch with the Pens!

**Lets be real here. If we really look at WHY the Isles are doing so bad it's because of injuries. Lubo is still of and may not even come back because of a concussion, he was the team's veteran d. Strait is out as well, and though he isn't the greatest, he still helps by having experience, whereas call-ups don't have it yet. Lastly, Nabby is out and though he isn't a #1 goalie, he's OUR #1 goalie, and we need that. I love Poulin's play, but he still needs to eased into things, rather than just straight out of the gate consistent starts. Other than that, we were doing fine with the team we had before hand. One that changes who knows, we could get back into it. We didn't look too bad tonight. It was close!

**The Rangers and Islanders are NOT going to make a deal for Del Zotto or anyone else. The two bitter rivals have notoriously not been trading partners since the Isles joined the league in 1972, completing only 2 deals in history that I can recall. Does anybody remember any trades that have been made between them?

**Why instead of guys like Carkner,Regin, Ness Donovan do they not let Strome and Reinhart come up and play. I mean are they gonna be worse? I feel like the Islanders always wait and wait on bringing these guys up where other teams play there top Draft picks. Am i wrong?

**Charles, please trade poor John Tavares to a team that will appreciate his greatness and surround him with similiarly talented people so he doesn't have to do everything every night.....What a waste of a great player

**not JT, trade wang, capuano, scouts and coaches, then lose some of the dead weight on top of the scrap heap called the NY Islanders --they are really lousy, a team that has no idea how to win but is finding as many ways as possible to lose

**I'm really starting to miss the East. One can only imagine where the Jets may be if they had once more season there. I did also called this one being close before the game, Isles always give the Jets a tough time. GO JETS GO!!!

**Honestly, it was just a bad stretch of play, but the Isles weren't too bad tonight. Not even Carkner, which I never thought I'd say. Ness and Donovan were strong on the puck (minus the miscue that led to Ladd's beauty of a give-and-go), but I'm happy I went to the Old Barn tonight and Poulin looked strong minus his tendency to give up those seemingly harmless shots from the point that can redirect.

**Isles had some tough puck luck tonight, some posts, near misses in the crease, fortunate saves from Montoya. Bad luck eventually runs it's course though, I still see this team getting the third seed in the Metro. Five games above .500 might be enough to get in at the end of the year.

**It's not too late, this is November, the 2nd month of the season. There's still plenty of time to turn it around, especially when you consider how weak the rest of the division has been. Last year, this team lost 7 straight at the beginning of February, and still made the playoffs.

**not to worry Devils fans you have Lou Lamoriello, and as long as he's there Devils will be in thick of things --they almost made history last year after such a bad start and with so much lost talent... wish Isles had someone as good as Lou...

**So do the Blue Jackets right now :( It's been a tough season for the Metro division. *Gives virtual hugs to Devils and Isles fans* I hope it gets better.

**i was at the game tonight 3 goals in 5 minutes i mean really? But this is hockey it happens gotta turn it around soon or this season is lost. Good game big Al always liked you as a goalie

**I really hope Lubo gets healthy soon.. Defense really needs work. I also wonder how long Cappy has left on the Island.. Front office cannot be happy with this start.. Hopefully we bust out of whatever we're in right now, and get back in the W column! Fan till the end, we survived Milbury, we can survive anything! LGI!!

**Great job Jets! Also good comeback from the Isles near the end for a nail biter. Any one else notice the singer messed up the Canadian national anthem a little? Good thing she is cute.

**Really happy the Jets came out with the win. My heart was pounding from the minute the Isles got their second goal until the game ended. I'm curious as to where the Jets would be standing if they were still in the East.

**Good game. I appreciate underdog teams that play with heart and passion, and both the Jets and the Islanders have a lot of that. If I lived in New York, I'd for sure be an Islanders fan, and I was so happy to see their luck changing last season. With Vanek healthy now, I think they're going to start figuring out a system that works for them. Sometime soon, perhaps even this year, I'd love to see both of these teams in the playoffs.

**Once again feels like the Jets are just daring the opposition to tie it up in the third. Gotta get more consistent for 60. That being said, glad to see win #2 on the trip and some improvements on key areas like face-offs.

**I guess it would be, with that record lately. Hopefully now that we're through with them the Isles will go on a roll. They had their moments tonight but sure don't seem to be firing on all cylinders these days. Anyway, big win for us so thanks.

**Jets were lucky that the Kings just didn't seem to have room on their defence, with their depth for Ellerby. Their loss appears to be the Jets' gain! Ellerby plays really well with another newer Jet, Adam Pardy. Hopefully he will find his way back into the lineup soon. Good to have Stuart and Trouba back too.

**Mark Stuart and Keaton Ellerby both plus 3 this game...very interesting...Ellerby's been a nice pick up!



0 comments:

Post a Comment