Saturday, November 23, 2013

Kings rout Lightning for fourth straight win

**Martin St. Louis is a fabulous hockey player and congrats to him. Class shown by the LA faithful when they paused to recognize his 1000th game. This is why hockey is the best sport in the world. Classy players with solid foundations. Role models for young kids....

**Happened about 5-10 minutes through the first. Kings faithful at Staples gave him a standing ovation for ten to fifteen seconds. The refs stepped back from the faceoff and let it happen.

**Loved when everybody saluted St. Louis and his 1000th game. Great respect for both teams. Man I want Williams and Carter on the Blues lol. And Filppula.

**Ok, so enough already with the West is better than the East comparison. It is a 82 game season and all that matters in getting in the playoffs in your respective conference. Who ever the better team is that night will win the game, doesn't matter if you are from East or West. The 6th seeded Devils were higher in the standings than the 8th seeded Kings, did the Devils win the cup? Throw your numbers out the window and just play the game!

**That's quite obvious, most are aware in pro sports ANYTHING can happen. The Giants beat the undefeated Pats in the Superbowl. The FACT is the WEST has better teams in comparison to the East AS A WHOLE, not individually.

**My fav team's in the East, but you can't argue results. Since the 06 season the Cup's been in the East 3 times to the West's 5. The only East team's to do it in that span are Carolina, Pittsburgh, and Boston, all of which had everything fall into place at the right time and each time the series was brought to 7 games, where the West wins haven't gone past 6. It's in the numbers.

**Laid back Lightning was the story tonight. Didn't see any speed much of a for check nor scoring chances. Stammer can't be THAT important to them?

**The Professor!! GO KINGS. Looking like a hot team! Congratulations a GREAT win!

**Well done, guys! This is a nice result that I didn't expect in this form. Big Ben's shutout streak is over but at least he got another W against the other Big Ben. Finally we've got something like consistency going... However, I have to say that I almost feel kinda ashamed that we did this to Marty St.Louis in his NHL game number 1000... Sorry.

**LA Kings are the perfect hockey team, they can play offense, but it always comes down to defense! Goalies+ dmen+ penalty kill = most important traits teams can have, scoring comes 2nd Boston, LA, SJ will all be in the playoffs and noone can doubt it

**I like Tampa, they didn't have a good game. Hope they clobber u when u play them next. Far more respectable and interesting team to watch. Aside from that, Doughty's really picking it up lately, he's fun to watch. Good game Kings, GKG!

**You really have got to love that the NHL is taking a Western Swing a bit. The top 8 teams in the league are all from the Western Conference and are all separated by 2 points. Good game from the Kings. Way to lock it down and only give up 9 shots in the first two periods.

**Actually Boston has to be in the top 8th. They have less games then Minessota. And for the same reason the differense in the top 8th can not be just 2 point because there are different amount of games played by team. Why do you stress it? Doesn't metter what adv the west c. has. It won't make more teams from west to play for the cup in the playoffs.

**True. No more chances at the cup--in fact, definitely a harder road. It's satisfying because the media coverage favors the East. The 3 MVP candidates from last season, the Winter Classic (original 6/EC bias), the league offices, the preponderance of Penguins coverage... Granted, those are some of the biggest markets but, after a year when fans in the west heard over and over how great the Eastern Conf teams are and how the west plays such a boring brand of hockey, it's nice to stick it to EC fans after a good 1/4 season.

**Personally I don't care what conference is the strongest or who is mvp. I just love hockey. And I don't understand why do people arguing about the better conference or the best player. In each confrerence there are things that we admire no metter what team we rooting for. I'll never refuse to watch such a great rivalry between ducks and blackhawks.

**He probably stresses it because the western NHL fan base is sick and tired of the east coast biased media that dominates the NHL national press. It's fun for us to watch the national east coast media struggle to keep up with the western games. For example on NHL Live yesterday the guy had to be corrected after stating that TB was perfect in against the west when just 24 hours earlier Phoenix clobbered TB.

**The bolts might want Cammalerri. I wonder what the flames can get? The bolts have good russian defense in Dmitri Korobov and artem Sergeev. Maybe Brett Connolly? Nikita kucherov is a beast. I don't know how much cap Tampa had but Cammaleri's salary is huge!

**Dmitri Korobov not Russian. He is from Belarus.

**And even if Marty hammed it up a little, which is debatable, it was nothing on Kevin Poulin's Emmy-worthy performance on Thursday... King didn't come close to making contact.

**I'm just thrilled that "Manchester United (and I'm trying really hard not to /facepalm on that one)" was given the chance to shine. Toffoli's shooting, Vey's amazing support play... Some fresh blood and fresh hunger is nothing but for the good. And I love that Scrivzies is getting the chance to shine.

**another good win by the Kings and another good outing from Scrivens. congrats to Marty St. Louis on his 1000th game. really wish Stamkos could've played in this game as well

**Incredible. All current playoff seeds in the West would be #1 in the Eastern Conference. It's just ridiculous. Even Dallas is turning it on. It's going to be very interesting watching these division battles play out once these teams start going head-to-head more. It seems the season has opened up with a lot of inter-conference play. GO KINGS!

**As a Kings fan, how could I ask for more? Top goal scorer, superstar goalie, stay at home brickwall defenseman injured? No problem, apparently. Toffoli, Scrivens, Vey, and Pearson are all stepping up big time. Good stuff, boys! Congratulations to Marty, I've been a fan for a long time and I'm glad he got an assist and am proud Staples took a minute to pay him respect. He is an inspiration to so many young players. I stood up and applauded, as did many in my section, though the 300s don't get much camera time. Keep it up Kings. Can't wait for Kopi's 500th point on Thursday ;) GG Tampa Bay, we're even now. Go Kings Go!!

**All high sticks, regardless of blood, should be 4 mins. I can't stand high sticks, I play, your eyes, teeth etc insanely important obviously, no need for your stick to be up. The odd good battle will cause them but even Justin Williams, he deserved his oenalty big time, as he almost got the Tampa player right before. Players gotta be responsible for their sticks. Dangerous shiz!

**While I agree that was a very dangerous play, albeit accidental, that still isn't how double minors work. There has to be blood to call a double minor. However, if St. Louis didn't have a shield, it definitely would have caused some blood.

**No. It's lack of urgent play. Did you see the third?? Where we actually played like a professional hockey team? Yeah, that was missing the first two periods. We looked awful, just like the first two periods on Phoenix.



0 comments:

Post a Comment