Friday, November 29, 2013

Bergenheim, Thomas lead Panthers past Flyers

**Anyone else feel like Bergenheim hooked Simmonds in that first highlight? They even made sure to show the slow-mo replay of his "great play" from behind, haha. Maybe he didn't get his hands but it looks like he did.

**Hey Panthers fans, are you guys satisfied of D.Olson? I don`t know him well, and I would like to know if you guys are happy with this trade

**Olson looked very good. Nice solid checks. He said during intermission that he was comfortable playing with Gudbranson because he had played with him on Team Canada and he looked comfortable. Jimmy Hayes has played well since coming over. Versteeg was great the first year but due to injuries he never was the same since. So far very happy with the trade.

**i was floored by the panthers work ethic this game. seriously awesome and even in the third being outplayed they worked their @s.s.e.s. off. but seriously kulikov needs to be made a winger. i just dont understand why he or any coach thinks hes a defenseman. hed be a great 2nd line left wing. good wrist shot nice moves and clearly a good breakaway shooter if we use him in the shootouts sometimes and hes good at them. Olsen was awesomeness and hayes has been solid. doesnt look like we got as robbed on that steeger thing as bad as i thought although paying half his salary for him to light it up in chicago when he wasnt scoring for us is painful. and bergenheim made me j!zz sorry. what a game

**Great Job Panthers! I knew you had it in you and Timmy was great! This was a game Philly needed to win though and should of won. Get the next one!

**Great effort by Panthers. Nice to have Bergenheim back. He was a big part of why Panthers went to the playoffs the year before last. Dylan Olsen looked really good. Like his hard checks. Good comment by Berube, "Who are we to overlook anybody?" Hope Rangers overlook Panthers next game they need the points and you have to beat the teams you can catch in the standings and get the wild card spot. Panthers string a few more wins together and they are still in the running.

**I had a bad feeling about this game like Philly was going to choke. Lesson learned fellas now you realize you have to treat every team like a threat and not take anyone for granted. There isn't an easy win in this league. Stick to your game plan and lets move along to the next game. Good game Panthers.

**After a bunch of games without giant golf swing slappers, dump and chase, and power plays featuring 8 consecutive stationary perimeter passes culminating in yet another giant golf swing slapper that takes 10 seconds to tee up I thought the Flyers we've known to bring us yet another season of disappointment were gone. Welcome back boys, welcome back to sub-500 hockey.

**It's ok to be upset when your team loses. Although, I don't agree with his assessment. Last night they ran into the old Tim Thomas. They had plenty of chances to bury the puck on 37 shots, but Tim was in position for the entire game. There was one shot I thought should have been a goal because he WAS out of position, the puck was just shot to the wrong side of the net. Anyway, I thought they played a decent game, not spectacular, the Panthers just have their number right now.

**I don't even get why he's complaining. The Panthers have been mostly awful since they came into the league. I've been cheering for them the entire time. Yes, I get mad when they lose, but I have to be hopeful. That's all I really have as a Panthers' fan.

**Blackhawks fans, when did you become a Blackhawks fan? Just straight up, not "Well 2009 I found out the city had a team and then we won the cup." Just when did you become a fan....? 2008? 2009? 2013?

**Good game tonight guys. Thomas looked stellar for you. Wish my Flyers would have won but it was not to be. What makes me sick is these flyers fans acting like beating Florida should be a gimme game. Not NHL team is a gimme, Florida has been pretty decent lately, and Tim Thomas is back in net and has always had his way with us.

**Florida is capable of beating all the top teams. Anaheim and Colorado, beat Philly when they were playing their best hockey this month. Now if only they could beat lower ranked teams, they'd have a shot at making the playoffs. They've proved they can play with the best.

**Or maybe the top teams just took the Florida games for granted and got stung. Doesn't mean Florida can compete.

**The logic is that just because you beat a couple of the top teams doesn't mean you can compete with them. You are at the bottom of your division meaning you aren't able to compete with the teams at the top. Winning a few sporadic games against good teams means nothing if you can't translate that into long term success.

**Where were you guys in the standings 2 weeks ago? You guys were terrible to start the season, you go on a good run and suddenly you act like you're headed to the playoffs as well? We're only 3pts behind you with 57 games left in the season. Any team can beat any team on any given night. We will have our time.

**HAHA Thats why us Flyers fans hate Penguns "fans" They don;t even know their own teams wins and losses. Good game Panthers any NHL team can beat any other team on any given day. The goal is to win more than you lose, not win them all. Also we beat the penguins last game too

**Was that your comeback? Seriously? Standings sure does matter when there is like what? 60games left? Speaking of which, Besides last years Chicago when did a team last win presidents trophy and take the cup? Try focus on your iceducks more and at the flyers less. Good game Florida, Barkov lookin good.

**It boggles my mind why people try to predict scores prior to games. Often, they just look like fools. I agree that the Flyers didn't come out that strong, but some credit does go to the other team for preventing that. One of the most complete games from the Panthers that I've seen all season. The Flyers were getting pretty scary at the end of the 3rd. That's why we have Tim Thomas though. He can steal games for us. Overall, another great Flyers-Panthers game.

**Panthers deserved to win that game. Flyers didn't show up for the first two periods. I'm also tired of Rinaldo getting hauled down and nothing gets called. Happens at least once a game. I don't think it would have had an effect on the outcome of the game but it is becoming annoying.

**I'm truly happy for Bergenheim. After all the frustration and bad comments he got from both the coach and some fans during his long break, it's nice to see he's playing so well. I remember watching the highlights of his comeback game, he was a beast then, and keeps on being one! A true working horse. Let's just hope he stays healthy for many seasons to come.

**I never heard or saw written a comment by a fan against Bergenheim except for disappointment that he was injured and couldn't play. Him missing all last season was part of the reason Panthers were so bad. Panthers are a better team with Bergenheim in the line-up. I think all fans know that. Don't know what the coach said but I never heard a bad word against him from a fan.

**Luckilly, losses from NJD and NYR mean we didn't lose any ground in the standings. I expect a big game vs. TB. Flyers are still a playoff team, just bad night. Forget it and move on.

**I was impressed with tonights win over Philly, considering they have been on FIRE. All the best Philly. A much needed win for Florida!

**To be fair, the Panthers have been on fire too, and they definitely showed it tonight. Florida deserved the win, hands-down. Thomas continues to dominate the Fly Guys as always - he was a monster in net tonight.

**Panthers played really hard tonight we just came out and played bad hockey i did not see that effort the Flyers played with in the previous games Mason still looked good in net which is good and you have to give Thomas a lot of credit he played a great game i just hope we can shake this off and get it going again



0 comments:

Post a Comment