Saturday, November 23, 2013

Oilers rout Blue Jackets for second straight win

**much better than I have seen the oilers for the past few seasons. Now that we have momentum, we have to continue it instead of losing and going back to another 5 or 6 game slump. But for now, good job Edmonton, lets make it 3 in a row against Florida who we already beat!

**FOR REAL OILERS ARE GONNA WIN IT ALL THIS YEAR. NO TEAM HAS WON 7-0 YET. i think. probbably have, but the oilers are a powerhouse waiting to charge up.

**Hopefully, this is a begin of a sign from the hockey gods for the Oilers and especially for Yakupov. Been waiting for him to explode since he got drafted.

**True, he seems to have more of an "I did it!" celey rather than a "nice jobs boys" celey.

**I think it is just the opposite. He looks around for his teammates. The challenge Nail has is a lot of Oiler goals have been coming at times when there isn't much to celebrate. He's getting all reved up and the rest of the team is putting their heads down looking to the next one. Ryan Jones might be comparable in his excitement about scoring, but Nail just loves it more than most.

**Did anyone else notice that on the 5-0 goal (Yak PPG) that Hall should be credited with an assist? It looks to me like he deflects the puck with his skate after Perron's shot hits the goalie and it then floats over to Yak and he buries it. See around the 1:22 mark of the goal highlight as this is the best view. #fantasyhockeyproblems

**Good on Dubnyk for the shutout. Hasn't had a great start to the season but he gets a shutout here. Good on ya DUbbie!

**Yak looked great last night. Feet moving, dangling, beautiful pass to Hemsky for a near goal, drew 2 penalties by beating players one on one, scored with a rocket, added an assist, +2 on the night, 16min of ice time. What a different player. I don't want to suggest for a second that he could be the next Stamkos, but his numbers over the first 65 games are nearly identical. Last night's brilliance felt great.

**I totally agree with the Stamkos comparison. Great shot and breakaway speed but he needs to develop some patience. Only a matter of time but once he understands you can't score every minute he'll be a much better player.

**Jackets are not an awful team at all, and being able to chase Bobrovsky shows that Oilers still have the ability to prove they aren't a laughing stock.

**Even a blind squirrel can find an acorn once in a while. Lol. But hopefully they can keep it up. That was as much of a bad game for Columbus as it was a good game for Edmonton. So I'd say it tells us nothing. First they've gotta beat a playoff team and it'll take a few more wins until Edmonton isn't the laughing stock of the NHL.

**Who are you kidding? Look at the standings since they've been in the league. Last year was an anomaly, I've always said they're overrated. No matter how much you thumb me down, these are FACTS.

**Just remember this statement in 4 years when Nuge and co. is around 24 years old. They are a junior team right now. Hall is 21. Nuge and Yak are 20. Ebs is 22 etc. etc. Nurse and Klefbom will be anchoring the blue line and they aren't even in the NHL yet. I'll be the first to admit there are cracks showing, but nobody knows the answer to that yet.

**Yea, who the hell gets happy about their struggling team potting 7 goals after being shut out 3 in a row at home? what a bunch of losers.

**They played an enthusiastic game but I'll wait until they play some of the big boys, and I mean physically big, ala San Jose, Boston etc before I make my call. They can score but can they handle being closely checked and hit at every turn which is what it takes in this league....we'll see.

**Justin Schultz is going to start a goal scoring streak, and have 32 goals for the season!

**ummm, not yet. They won big but let's see them carry on with it. If you've watched them at all this year they've actually been terrible in their defensive zone. Worst Goals Against in the league...hopefully they're getting better but don't get too excited yet.

**You are what your record says you are. Right now the CBJ are the worst team in the Metropolitan division. They played like it last night! Well, they should be well rested for the game against Calgary tonight. Sure didn't look like they expended much energy last night!

**O.O...and I thought the Habs were impressive? Dayum! only 14 shots allowed on net and the young guns showed up to play and got a lot of help from Perron. I hope this is a sign of things to come. So glad to see Yaks putting up numbers too. So, hopefully I can start saying this more often: YAK ATTACK!

**feel your pain buddy ! At least maybe it will shake 'em a bit. Look like no Horton, no Gaborik, no love. But we should try to at least be competitive and around ,500 or more when they come back. yesterday was just a shame, let's go in front now

**Bryzgalov did not play yet, but his presence assures OILERS that the net is potencially protected. So, they started to play free of fear, their young guns do their job. They, also, finally follow the system Coach Eakins insist, it works for them. GO OILERS, GO !

**If they won 3-0 you wouldn't be saying any of this. Relax, it's one game. I am happy to see the Oilers starting to get out of a slide but they've got some work to do.

**Nice to see the Oiler's offense finally showing what it is capable of. Can't wait for the 1st Oilers/Avs game this year! I think it's only a matter of time before both the Oilers and Avs become consistent powerhouses, as both teams easily have the best crop of young talent in the league.

**I have to admit that I've been pretty frustrated since the horrible Red Wings game about a few things, with the demotion of Mark Arcobello being only the worst part. But that's the past, and there are now also some good things happening; I like how Eakins has adapted some of his coaching strategies recently, and I've seen some real progress in the last couple games - most importantly in how the players are hanging onto the puck a little longer in the defensive zone when they can instead of making bad passes. Now they need to keep using this momentum, because that's what the best teams do. Keep it up, guys.

**I love how a 7-0 win isn't deemed worthy of being mentioned on the main page. I know both teams have crappy records, but come on NHL! A link to the recap of every game except this one is somewhere in the headlines. It's disrespectful. Learn from TSN.

**My expectation is that he's going to fail. He's going to struggle. And I think that anybody who doesn't have that expectation has not been around long enough. I think we all have to take a step back with him." -Craig MacTavish, last week I'm making a dig at MacT for saying Yak is going to fail, love that kid. Him and Eberle are my two favorite Oilers



0 comments:

Post a Comment