Morrow, Stewart lead Blues past Sabres
**if you watch the highlight of paajarvi's goal, the announcer says his name right then corrects himself and mispronounces it like he's supposed to**Any thoughts on where Miller will end up at the beginning of next season? Cause i doubt hel sign witht he sabres again
**Not sure but I hope he does move on. I hate to say that because of the history w/the team & they certainly need him in goal! However, he's too good to waste away while management rebuilds or whatever it is they are doing up there! I wish nothing but the best to Miller & the Sabres but I think they should part ways!
**I agree. Watching him this year makes me feel bad for the guy. He has no help most of the time and I think he would be better moving on to another team that has a chance to win in the next 4 years. I wish Armstrong would figure something out, he would look great in a BlueNote!
**Miller and a 2nd rd pick (we have 3 of them) for Halak + Berglund. Cap numbers even match perfect. What do you say folks time to win a cup in StL
**I'm all for bringing Miller to St. Louis, the problem is what are we giving up, and can we retain him? Retaining him would require giving up a lot due to Steen and Sobotka needing contracts They are what Hitchcock wants in all his players so they aren't going anywhere. Berglund is on a contract year and I think his days in St Louis are numbered. If anyone can put something together for a trade of that magnitude it is Armstrong. Would Miller help the Blues? Indeed. Can it happen? Yes. Will it? We'll see.
**I really hope so. Berglund is the type of player the Sabres should be interested in, even with his underachievement lately....and I think you can get Miller to stay. he wants to win and StL has great pieces to do it. I would take either Halak or Elliott back too, I just picked Halak because he has a higher cap number. It just makes perfect sense to me for both sides
**Great effort last night. Nice to see Halak bounce back and Magnus to finally get his first goal. This is exactly what was needed to get scoring from other lines. Keep an eye on Tarasenko as he is also starting to heat up as is his line. Should be a heck of a game on Thursday at Boston!
**I will never, ever buy a Toyota Corolla!!!! I am so sick of that hip hop commercial before every highlight. Buy American-made and America-OWNED!!!
**Fun fact, 6 of the top ten most American assembled cars are Japanese. Honda with two and Toyota with 4. The only American cars to make the list were the Dodge Avenger, Ford F-150 and Explorer, and the GMC panel van. Just food for thought.
**I have to be a little honest, i am a bit scared about this Steen phenomenon. I love what is occurring in his game but the past is an excellent predictor of the future. I am concerned that the Blues will pay too much for him and he will resort to his past scoring.
**Knowing Doug Armstrong, he'll put a fair offer on the table. He's earned a raise, but it won't be so bad that the Blues can't afford it. Whatever happens this year is what Steen & his agent have to go by. Army will bring up the previous yrs, I'm sure. If some team wants to sweep in & overpay, than there's not much they (the Blues) can do about it. Want him to return, but it has to be fair & reasonable too.
**If they win a cup this year who cares. The way I look at it is Steen just needs to stay healthy. That's all I want. He has a line that can dish him the puck in key situations. Just stay healthy for the love of god. One cup, that is all I care about.
**Good win. That's the type of performance I expected from the Blues. The Sabres are my favorite Eastern Conference team, and they're clearly on the right track, but they shouldn't be able to compete with the Blues. They're clearly rebuilding, and the Blues are trying to win it all. It's an expected result, but the Sabres are still an NHL team with quality players. If you take them lightly, they will still beat you. I'm glad the Blues didn't take them lightly. Maybe it was that goal 10 seconds into the game that woke them up lol.
**Goals by former Sabres: Jason Pominville 12 Brad Boyes 8 Derek Roy 5 Nathan Gerbe 5 Zack Kassian 4 Brian Campbell 3 Danius Zubrus 3 Paul Gaustad 3 Danielle Paille 3 Andrej Sekera 2 Daniel Brierre 2 (injured) not counting Vanek (injured) total = 50 Buffalo averages: 25 shots a game and 1.7 goals (lowest in league) and gives up about 36 shots and over 3 goals per game.
**Good to see a bounce back after the Washington debacle. Was definitely happy to see Halak have a good game, especially after the quick goal. I thought Blues were in for a long night after that one. Nice to see Paajarvi get on the board as well. Hope it helps his confidence going forward.
**Good to see Stewart starting to play better. Started with the Avs game, I think. Keep it up, Stewy! Morrow's turning out to be a pretty decent sign by the Blues too. Halak, much better than the last outing (vs WSH). Good luck going forward, Sabres. Will see ya later on in the year. On to Boston. Go Blues!
**Good game for the Blues after a bad first 10 seconds. Thought Halak was in trouble again but he made a nice recovery and made some good stops. Glad to see Paajarvi get his first. He looked better tonight. Hopefully this will get him going. Morrow and Stewie are looking great together. Nice to win a game without having to depend on the first line to score.
**Sabres get lucky with a bounce in first ten seconds, then leave to the popcorn stands. Ken Hitchcock is the coach Buffalo should have picked up long ago when he was available. Instead they pick guys formerly with the organization, that are fan favorites. They sure don't know the business of hockey.
**Exactly. We've already got our hands full with Halak, Elliott, and Allen, and I have a feeling Elliott or Allen (more likely Elliott) will be moved by or around the trade deadline.
**No way the Blues will move Allen. He is the future goalie for the Blues. Blues also have a few good prospect goalies too. Halak and Elliott will more than likely both be gone next year. If only one is gone it will be Halak. Not consistent at all. Sometimes looks like a first year and then he looks like an all-star.
**obrands - don't agree with your assessment of Halak. I absolutely don't believe they'd get rid of Halak over Elliott, especially when Halak has clearly been the #1 this year, and Elliott is only being started against teams lower in the standings. Also it has already been confirmed by Jeremy Rutherford that the Blues are shopping Elliott around, so they're already looking to unload him. If/when they do, they'll bring Allen up as #2 to Halak. As for looking like a first year one night, and an all-star the next? That goes for every single goalie in the league. Quick is amazing, but he let in that joke of a goal earlier this season, and I've seen him make terrible plays and let in soft goals. Rask is awesome, but I've seen him weak too. It's par for the course. However, so far Halak hasn't had a chance to prove himself in the playoffs for the Blues, so we need to wait and see how it all plays out...
**I hope they don't move Elliott... he is the best backup I have ever seen this team have. Moving Allen while his value is still high would be the best bet. I mean, look how much they are paying Elliott and the way he is playing. It'd be a joke to move him. Both Halak and Elliott feed off of each other. Allen has barely any NHL experience.
**ya but not drowning in a consistant effort goalie..i like elliot and halak dont get me wrong but ...tonight halak did good ..but so was the defense....how many times do the blues give up more than twenty shots
**They could possibly go after him next year, but Steen is top priority (a raise is due, I'd say), the cap would have to rise, and he (Miller) would probably have to take a bit of a cut. Would love to see him in StL, but I just don't see it happening.
**Based on tonights performance i dont see how Miller would be an upgrade.....Halak has done really well this season so far. There are a lot of haters in St. Louis for some reason. I dont really get it. Yeah he had a bad game against the caps. Everyone has them. Look at Crawford. Got yanked early tonight. 3 goals on 7 shots or something like that. Give the man some credit!
RSS Feed
Twitter
Posted in
0 comments:
Post a Comment