Halak, Blues shut out Wild; Steen scores twice
**The morale of the game instantly changed after that goal was waved off, and it was a goal in most people minds. Unfortunately hockey is hockey and you just gotta keep playing, the wild didn't keep playing.**Regardless of which side of the fence someone is on, it's not often the folks in Toronto overturn the call on the ice in that situation. More often than not they stand by the officials who "usually" have a slightly better view angle than the cameras. The officials are on the ice and the cameras are up higher and make it harder to get a good (conclusive) view. Right or wrong it's usually how it goes.
**Agreed. I would say it did deflate the Wild however they are professionals and understand things like that happen. It's no different than a horrible penalty call that results in a goal on a power play. You have to keep your chin up and keep pushing. I do believe it changed the game, however that is not an excuse for their loss. If anyone has watched the Blues, a 1-0 or 2-0 deficit isn't anything for this team, they would of stormed back with avengence and tied it and probably won the game with how they dominated. It is unfortunate because it was an amazing play by Parise, however they didn't lose the game because of that.
**I knew the Wild were missing something. They still need to score more goals, and it's sad how people disagree with me. What I see with the Wild is that they need to all move together. I see people running up the middle while the others are still back. I understand some players must stay back, but there are too many Wild players keeping back there. Next this is that, the Wild need to actually try and find someone open with the puck, instead of just tossing it out towards the Blues zone. I see Wild players just covering one side, when some other player is left wide open ready to retrieve the puck from a pass. Last thing, Backstrom still needs to warm up this season, he's been through a lot.
**If Blues keep this up they will win the Cup. Every line was doing great. MN has not faced a team like this and it showed. Always moving the legs and physical play. I was very impressed with St. Louis. Wild can't allow a bad call dictate how they play the rest of the game. Took the confidence right away. Congrats St. Louis, you team is exciting to watch.
**We've said that the last two years. If they can stay consistent like they are now in the playoff's, they have a great chance but it's all about taking it one game at a time. I like their chances but in the West you can't let off the pedal at all, it's way to close!
**They seem to get stronger every season though, and usually you have to be considered a contender for a while before making it all the way. Overall I'd say Blues have a really good chance, and I've been wishing them the best since the start of the season. I know the Sens aren't going to win the cup any time soon save for a miracle so I like cheering on other teams I like.
**I agree. Armstrong knows what he is doing and he has put together one heck of a team. Thanks for the attention also and good luck to the Sens. I love Lehner, he's going to be a solid number 1 very soon!
**Bad call on the high stick, but im not sure it would have mattered. Blues played a solid 2 periods then just couldn't create offense. Next two games are gonna be tough avs and the sharks. Either way good game Minnesota
**That, and he forgot our best player lol. If there was an ASG this year, Petro, JBo, and Steen would be locks. Backes and Oshie would have an outside chance, but since they like to have a representative from each team, they would probably be left out.
**So happy to see Bowmeester doing great. I'm a long time Calgary fan and I think he got a bad rap while he was here. Our system was never going to help him offensively and noone gave him enough credit for his defence. Glad the trade is working out for both teams. We like Berra and we'll see about our first round pick if he turns out all right.
**You think so. I enjoyed them because they talked about the teams they were playing in front of them last night and did not compare one or talk constantly about Crosby or another east coast team. I got enough of that in the intermission report and NHL Overtime.
**It's usually the other way around. They never brag on the Blues at all. Wild may have an identical record, however they were dominated for over 50 minutes of the game, and everyone that watched that game knew the Blues were the more dominant team. Wild have a great team, they will do well, but the Blues are a train. They remind me of L.A. when they won a Cup, they just ran people over and didn't stop.
**I didn't mind it at all. All the more reason to win against the teams on top in the west. Wild did not slow the blues until late in the game. The next 2-3 weeks is how the Wild will fix this.
**The Blues look extremely confident right now. It's really nice to see how fluid and unpredictable they are playing right now. From years passed, you could tell what the Blues would do...dump and chase...now, it's all about tape to tape passing, odd man rushes, and the best part, they keep moving their skates...good stuff.
**Does Steen wear diapers under his breezers?? He skates right into that monster D man know as Spurgeon, thier knees meet, and it's Spurgeon's fault? Then he cross checks Spurge 2-3 times and no call? Obviously Parise's goal was a good goal [and the Wild are a different team when they score first]; see their record. I'm not saying the Blues are a bad team, they don't really need the on ice officials and the Toronto gang's help.
**Another solid game Blues against a good Wild squad who never showed quit. Looking forward to the next ones against them. 3 roadies in 6 days against Avalanche, Ducks and Kings are going to be tough. One at a time. Gonna need that next level Hitch refers to. Happy Thanksgiving all and... LGB!
**Man the Blues are one HELL of a hockey team...as a Wild fan, I knew this night was going to be painful, but not this painful! Obviously I'm in the crowd that thinks Parise's goal should have counted, but the Blues absolutely laid the hammer down after that.Something interesting for everyone to think of though, is that if Parise's goal did stand, the faceoff would have been at a different dot, therefore changing the complexion of the next sequence. Now I'm not saying STL wouldn't have came back down and scored. But the puck would have been in different areas of the ice each second...just something to think about. And while this realignment is fun/awesome/much need from Minnesota's perspective, as someone who was too young to remember the North Stars and not getting the Wild until I was 11, many of my favorite teams are now division rivals. Always loved the Preds, was psyched when Winnipeg got a team again(and those blue jerseys are so sick!), and I've always had a liking for the Blues...especially when Brett Hull was there. Add to the fact that my roommate is a huge Hawks fan and you can see this is somewhat torturous! However, I can see plain as day that the Blues and Hawks still have quite the edge on the Wild and will wait and watch proudly and patiently as the State of Hockey continues their rise to relevance in the NHL. Doesn't help that the entire conference is just stacked this year and for the foreseeable future.
**Am I outraged that there's still no mention of Steener for the Olympic games? Uhh, no. That's all we need: is to have our star scorer get injured in the Olympics. When I first started following the Blues their first year in the League: postage stamps were 3 cents; a gallon of gas was 33 cents; the median household income was a little over $7,000/year; and Wayne Gretzky was six years old. That's how many years I've waited to see the Blues win a Cup. Now that they are a legitimate front-runner for Lord Stanley, am I upset that a guy with no real history of scoring is being passed up for the Olympics this year based on the first quarter of the season? I think I've answered my own question.
**The core pieces are in place for several years. No need to panic. Pietro signed, Bouwmeester signed. Stewart signed. Shattenkirk, Jackman, Leopold, Polak, Paajarvi, Tarasenko. All signed. And the UFA will negotiate this season but the way things are going, most will probably want to stick around. Even if we lose e.g. Halak or Elliot, there is Allen who can step up. Others in the farm-system are also ready for helping the Blues.
RSS Feed
Twitter
Posted in
0 comments:
Post a Comment