Killorn's late goal lifts Lightning past Red Wings
**Most of the game was played in front of Bishop and Howard had an easy night. Maybe they couldn't think of any other player who deserved a star.**Good win before the break. Godspeed to MSL and the other Bolts in the Olympics while Stammer get's the extra time to fully heal the leg just in time for a run at the Cup.
**Some dirty plays by the wings in the late game, other than that it was flawless. The bolts fans did a wonderful job of showing up the snowbirds, I was there I know. Good game, Go bolts, hope the wings start climbing up the standings again now that their stars are back.
**That second bolts goal still stings. Loved how the wings played for the first two periods and in their recent games I always felt they finally really play to win (Howard, Zeta, Goose, Tarts, Jurco .. they really show up!). I like the Lightning organization and bishop especially but losing for the fourth time this season doens't really make me happy. Cudos the Bolts and LETS GO RED WINGS!
**Well one step forward and two steps back with this one loss. Hopefully no injuries during Sochi and then the Wings must start some kind of run after or else playoff chances will start slipping lower and lower..
**Detroit is finding out the east is not the easy mark your fans thought lol. You defense stinks and i know because my flyers have the same issues at times then again we beat your team twice including a shutout and a great come from behind win IN Detroit yout team is NOT the great team it was!
**Don't be a dicĸ. Most of our fans, the intelligent ones anyways didn't think it would be easy this year. There were a lot of other western team's fans saying that. Our team is NOT the great team it was.... um no shi t. Our defense stinks... no shi t. Your overwhelming joy of these facts showcases your jealousy of our success over the last 2 decades.
**I am not sure how the stars are handed out, but I have an idea that it is our overly polite home crew with a habit of throwing one to the visitors for the sake of sportsmanship. That's cool by me, but sometimes it is a little annoying, like when we outplay someone for most of 60 minutes and we had someone else on the team who deserved it. I notice when we lose on the road we rarely have one of our guys on the podium the same way...
**Anumberofguys picked upslack sinceStammerhas beengone, buthatsoff to S t L o u is, Hed manand Filppu la (beforehe gothurt) for reallykeeping t histeam init. The rookies, toobutthey have been dooingitall year. ProudofHedman whois reallyshapinginto whattheteam envisioned whenhe wasdrafted. With the impfroved teamdefense, hereallyhas beenableto pickbetterspots topress. Stamkosdeserves alltheattention thathegets, but I think thesepastweeks withhim o u t havereall ygivenevery one aroundtheleague achancetosee howmuch Heds hasimproved. Wish he was goingto So chi! Perfecttimeforabreak, w a 4 g am e roadtrip next ontheschedule. Great timetoget S t a m m er back!
**any 's' word, especially sho rt 's' words, like sh ot, sp ot, su ck, just add a space to the word.....its still easy to read and wont get moderated. After a while you'll get used to the words that do that and its almost automatic. Sometimes though, you just have to give up on a post......like you'll try repasting and editing it a thousand times and it wont work. At that point, just give up lol. And the sh orter the better for the most part
**Butyou'lllooksweetupontheseatofabicyclebuiltfortwo. You are magnificent. I had no idea and wouldn't have thought of this. The spacing thing is so time-consuming and then fail fail fail anyway. Would get you two thumbs-up plus a case of beer for this one if I could.
**Detroit ain't leaving Florida w/o a loss! 4-0, how does it feel, Detroit? Not too good probably, but I like it. Anyways on a serious note, that was a good game, both teams played well and it was an exciting game. Very important win seeing how Toronto and Montreal both won tonight
**How does it feel? The Wings lost a game. The sun will still rise tomorrow, and most of us will wake upl go on about our Sunday as usual. My Sundays usually start off by me putting a nice polish on all my replica Stanley Cups. Takes me about an hour to do what it would take you 5 minutes to do. Catch my drift?
**My other fav team (wings) have some things they need to work on, wouldn't think coaching is the issue here. Besides that not sure what the deal is with Howard this season but it wouldn't be a bad idea to have more focus on the goalie situation. Get another solid goalie he can compete with probably make him better.
**Since the Olympics are the hot topic now, what did everyone who watched it think about that opening cermony? Was that like an acid trip or am I alone here. Russia hides behind the iron curtain for years, so nobody knows anything about their history. Their answer is a four hour cirque de soleil full of symbolism that could only be deciphered by knowing the history and story.......history and stories nobody knows but them. Really weird. That girl flying thing was cool though.
**Rock, I don't think you would see the period leading up to the 1860's or japaneseinternmentcamps, or indian reservations in a usa Olympic show.
** enjoyed your comments - I am part american indian and even though I didn't know this until I had my genome traced it explains the way i felt growing up, my lsd trips, my inherent dislike and distrust of government and religious organizations, my connection to the earth, the anguish I experience when learn how one group of humans mistreat other for power, political gain or satisfaction of a frail ego. The Olympics could be really great if they were not usurped by the machine of politics, media hyperbole and commercial profits. But I will watch anyway and simply focus on the accomplishments of the athletes who demonstrate tremendous ability to achieve. Thanks for your comment. See you around.
**Ten years ago, they probably would have made a statement about rising out of those ashes. Now, Putin is well on his way to becoming the next great dictator on that list, and probably doesn't want to draw that kind of attention. Unfortunate, but they are (like us) heading in the wrong direction as far as freedom goes.
**It was even more blah and symbolism-filled than London's opening ceremony. I lost interest right after the snowflake failed to blossom into an olympic ring. Sochi blew this one already. Their opening ceremony left crickets chirping, their facilities were not complete (despite having 7 years to do so), their shooting of stray dogs, yellow water, terrorism threats from just over the mountains, and Putin's face that has probably never cracked a smile in it's life will all leave a bad taste in the mouths of those who attended.
RSS Feed
Twitter
Posted in
0 comments:
Post a Comment