Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Blue Jackets top Lightning for fourth straight win

**CBJ are just starting to jell. It was a good test of character to come back in the 3rd and win one! Success breeds confidence and confidence breeds success....etc etc etc Gaborik should be back before the break if he plans to play at Sochi. We will see what kind of a team we really have when (if) everyone gets healthy!

**Great game. Tampa is impressive. Could have gone either way. Furtunate for CBJ fans it came out our way. That was just a big ol' "Whew"!!

**Really great game. Lots of ups and downs all around, man can Horton rifle the puck!! He really has that "it" factor that we've been missing for a long, long time. Props to the Lightning, I'm a believer in them after this one, really great passing team and I have no doubt they will be a playoff team, especially when superstar Stamkos is back

**Wow, this was the first complete Jackets game I watched since they moved in the East, and I'm really happy to have picked this one ! Quite entertaining. The Nationwide Arena really looked to be a pretty awesome place on TV. I'll probably attend a couple of games next season - I'd better take this opportunity since prices will go up if Jackets start to be a playoff contender year after year.

**From the Jackets crew, Horton was the first star, then Letstu and Bobs was the third star (if I remember correctly -- OR maybe those are MY picks, LOL), but the Jackets site says Wiz, Horton, Johansen.

**That's a tough pill to swallow. I don't know how the Letestu goal even made it through the bodies to get to the tip in. Back and fourth games like this are where it's at. Who needs finger nails. Good win, Jackets. By the way, I like your cannons after goals.

**There's a good buzz here right now, our attendance isn't always as good as it was last night. It was a Monday and it felt full, even though you could find empty seats if you looked around. Hockey culture is definitely growing, but still reflects how well were playing.

**On the Jackets broadcast they said going into the game he had averaged exactly a point-per-game in his career against the Lightning ( 46 games ) 26 of which being goals. So yeah, I guess he does love playing you guys lol. I guess it's fitting that his 200th goal came against TBL.

**I think Horton really loves playing the Lightning, when he was a Bruin he demolished us, when he was a Panther he owned us, and his first game as a Jacket against us, surprise surprise

**It's crazy to think this team can flip the switch just like that. The main thing the Jackets do so well is that they will out skate teams later in the game. If the game is close the Jackets seem to get stronger. This is something that was very evident last year. When Bob is in a zone and the Jackets are skating hard and controlling the puck, nights are going to be long for opposing teams. Keep it rolling boys!!! Let's bring down the Capitals!!!

**Yeah, earlier in the season, I was a little worried about their third period play. But man, have they stepped it up recently, especially late. Injuries aren't an excuse, but with 7 of their top guys out for extended periods, I thought they did well to stay at about 0.500 on the season. Now that they're getting healthy, they're REALLY starting to look like the team last spring that made that amazing run. Buckle up, the 2nd half of the season is going to be fun to watch

**The 3 best Lightning players tonight in terms of possession (Corsi For % and Relative Corsi) were all new guys: Cote, Palat, and Kucherov in 3rd. Sure, those first 2 guys had a lot of offensive starts, and it's a mixed bag on quality of competition, but this is still impressive. I believe these guys making a seamless and effective transition to the NHL is the most important part of the Lightning's success this season. I mean, we've been a better possession team without Stamkos than we were with him. And we gotta give the credit to Cooper for this. He put the system in place in Syracuse/Norfolk that allowed the rookies to make the move up. And he's managing the players' ice time and matchups so that everyone is in a position to succeed and build their confidence. Anyway, just giving some fascinating insights into the inner workings of our team.



0 comments:

Post a Comment