Sunday, December 1, 2013

Flyers head off on trip with win against Jets

**I like how Giroux pulled a Messier and said they will make the playoffs. The team really rallied behind him, Not because they didn't want to get embarrassed, but because they already were. Everybody knew the Flyers are an excellent club, Its just that nobody (Besides Mason) Was playing to their strengths. Great to see him really motivate his team, not just through his words but his play aswell.

**Wow what's with this moderation, why did my post get deleted? Anyway, Jets need to rethink their defense. Both goals from giveaways. It could have been 3 if Couturer scored on his first breakaway.

**The flyers are my fav team besides my home team (VANCOUVER) it's great to see you guys pick it up. Almost over .500, keep it up boys. I want to see the Flyers in the playoffs this year!

**Anyone who thinks the Flyers make a mistake by buying out Bryz hasn't followed the Flyers close enough the past two seasons. Steve Mason has played out of his mind this year, he wasn't given up more than three goals since the Flyers traded for him last March. Without a question the Flyers should have 4-6 more victories this year, but you certainly can't blame the Flyers goaltending this time around. And even Ray Emery, put aside him fighting Holtby has played decent.

**Man I didn't get to watch the game but from these highlights it looks like Pavelec was on fire even if he did lose. Glad our Flyers won though!

**Entertaining game. Normally I would have to end my night with a Flyers game (due to the time zone difference most games are from 1 to 3/4 AM), but for once it was at a "normal" time. Although a night out with friends is awesome, this win made the night even better.

**One of the things I like about Mason is he didn't get cold after only facing two shots in the first period. He was reliable for the whole game.

**Just leave Pens.. Rangers lost. Isles lost. Caps are losing. Columbus will lose. Ok we can't get anything from Canes and Devils I just wish it won't be a 3 points game.

**love how bryzgalov gets all the recognition and applause for being good in one game and mason for bein good all year isnt

**Bryz faced 0 quality shots last night. It was the worst Nashville game I have ever seen. And he was shaky in several situations too.

**Believe me or not but I knew that Mason would be a better goalie than Bob.. Even after Bob won Vezina.. Ok he had great stretch in the shortened season while playing behind great Western team - because Jackets were a great Western team in the second half of last season. Now they aren't even Western lol

**Nice win but we have got to keep working in practice. Mez has GOT TO GO, what can we get for him? A 3rd round pick? Also Hartnell scored but he can not keep up on that line, I forget what his role is on this team at this point. Another 5 on 3 chance we didnt get but we got the 2 points.

**don't worry about mez i'm sure holmgreen is trying like hell to dump him unless snider thinks otherwise. But I don't think that even oilers are so desprete to want the guy. but maybe he will stay healthy and work on his speed and regain some distinct part of game he was playing once to deserve the contract he has now.

**I just don't get that Flyers team. How can you have such a bad season start and suddently start rolling this way? It can't only be the coaching change, especially since Lavy was quite a decent leader. In any case, nice win guys, happy to see Mason finally pullins his s together.

**Lavy's "abandon-the-goaltender" system lead to a lot of 2-on-1's the other way on us. That system works well when you have fast talent like Chicago or Pittsburgh; but not for the Flyers, which is full of two-way grinders. The team has been much better defensively since Berube has taken over. However, the focus on team defense has resulted in less scoring - which is partially behind Giroux's and Voracek's slow seasons.

**Only problem is if the Canes lose, the Devs jump 1 point ahead of us. I have a feeling the Devs will beat the Sabres tomorrow (but you never know) so I don't know who I want to win the Canes/Devs game. Got to love how 1 games throws so many things around in the Metro

**the main thing is the flyers won! The bruins beating the rangers was a bonus, and if the habs can beat the caps tonight as well, that would be awesome.

**nobody is, you guys are way too defensive. people are just saying Bryzgalov played a great game. But yeah, one interesting this is Mason so far has better numbers than Bryzgalov had in his best season, and he was considered elite at the time. and this is one case where you can't blame the good numbers on the defense.

**i didnt know the edmonton media is that big my bad. Out of all the candian teams i would think EDM or CAL are bottom for media hype.I mean, gretzky has been out for 15 years now

**I hope he's 10 times better. He certainly could be. I personally don't see the comparison at all. This coming from a guy who got a Ricci jersey the day after they drafted him.

**Like I said, I'm hoping for a lot more out of him. He's been stuck on the third line being used as a shutdown guy, but it's obvious that Berube has unleashed, not only Couts, but a lot of guys. I'd like to see 60 points out of him on a yearly basis combined with his defensive abilities. Ricci was always gritty and slammed a lot of his goals home. I see a lot more finesse to come as he continues to gain more confidence in his scoring abilities.

**The Jets are a good team, but just seem to be competitive enough to lose by 1 goal. Too bad they're in the West, they have very little chance of making the playoffs...

**Great to see that Couturier's starting to perk up again. As for the officiating, yes, there were bad calls on both ends, but of course that's nothing new in the league these days...



0 comments:

Post a Comment