Bryzgalov shines in first start for Oilers
**Bryzgalov is an excellent goalie and it's great to see him back on the ice. If he has good rebound control that night, the other team has no chance. Can he win a cup, I don't think so. But he is very, very good.**Some of the comments in this thread make me furious. PEOPLE FYI. BRYZ WAS BOUGHT OUT BECAUSE HE WAS BEING PAYED TWICE AS MUCH AS HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN MAKING. I would buy him out 100x again with his absurd contract and mediocre numbers. One good game, and all of a sudden the last 2 years of play disappear? He played up to his contract for 2 months in Philly. I love Bryz so much, but that's the undeniable truth people. Defense was horrible for him here, there's no denying that, but he still was only average at best. Now all that said, I would love to watch Bryz catch fire and carry the Oilers out of the basement. I wouldn't mind seeing him win another cup either! But even then, I would still 100% agree with buying him out.
**So...is this a good sign for Edmonton? You know, if I were MacT, I'd have Brygalov as the starter and LaBarbera or Bachman for the backup...drop Dubnyk.
**Haha it would be so funny if bryz were to stand tall through the entire season and end up getting the oilers to the playoffs and win the vezina, then flyers would have traded away both of the last two vezina winners.... i guess that would finally be the nail in the coffin for holmgren who shouldve been fired years ago....
**Hopefully Bryzz is the solution they've been looking for all this time. If he can play like this or even or even close to this, the Oilers have hope for the playoffs.
**Oh look only two NHL games last night and the NHL still will not feature the Oilers with a win on their home page. Apparently 3 old posts is still more important. Good job NHL.com
**They did the exact same thing with our 7-0 win vs Columbus. The only difference was that nhl.com didnt even post the 7-0 game on the sidebar or the homepage.
**What does NHL have against the Oilers!? Who couldn't be intrigued by the young talent, and everyone is waiting for them to make their way up in the standings. Good luck!
**He also played great for the Flyers in the first few games. He will trail off eventually...remember people, this is just one game. But I will say this, 33 saves isnt easy in the NHL so I will give him that.
**Yea the rest of the team was responsible for those bad angle goals and those squibbers between the pads. How about the one where Brzy DUCKED to get out of the way. I guess that was the teams fault as well.
**It's one game people. Lets talk about this again when we have a 20 game sample. Not trying to take anything away from Bryzgalov, only it's a little early to state what his long term effect on the team will be.
**oilers only won because they are lucky that our best goalie rinne is injured if rinne was playing oilers would not stand a chance dont think ur all that good just because we have our best player injured if rinne was in the goal i think it would of been about 2-0 or 3-0 for preds
**Of course Bryz was great in goal, but for me it was the case of putting four lines which individually can produce or at least establish som pressure on opponents. Arco and Jones in for Acton and Gadzic, for me, was the tiebreaker. I have just been waiting for that to happen. Bring the Blue Jackets on!
**Good to see Bryz back doing his thing! This guy can still win in this humangus beeg universe, and he showed it tonight. Hoping to see him do well.
**With ILIA the PROPHET tending NET, Oilers are different team. ILIA was the START UP Goalie on Russian National Team, he is inferior to no one. Great signing by MacT !
**This is way off topic but I'm waiting for the power rankings which is a much wider spectrum of topics. Does anyone think an NHL team ( keeping all it's players ) could beat one of the favourites in the Olympics ? If you do which NHL team & which country would they beat ?
**The Oilers need excellent goaltending just to have a chance at winning?? They also need depth at that position---- Its called being able to pull a MIKE KEENAN / Captain hook when neccassary!!! Having 2 good goalies is critical to winning.
**I ditto that! Bryz has NEVER proven himself. As far as I'm concerned he "threw" the last playoff series when he was with the Coyotes. Then when he pranced into Philly he showed the world just how fickle a goaltender he is. I hope the Oiler fans don't get their hopes up too much. These are the exact comments (hopes) Philly fans had when he got traded there.
RSS Feed
Twitter
Posted in
0 comments:
Post a Comment